Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/21/2016 07:13 AM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/21/2016 02:23 AM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:
>
>         Hi Tom,
>
>         Thanks for reply.
>
>         On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
>         <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>         <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>>> wrote:
>
>              Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin@gmail.com
>         <mailto:kotsachin@gmail.com> <mailto:kotsachin@gmail.com
>         <mailto:kotsachin@gmail.com>>> writes:
>              > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Adrian Klaver
>         <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>         <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>         <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>>
>              > wrote:
>              >> Did you install the 9.3.11 server from source also?
>
>              > Yes. I have clone git repository and checkout for  pg-9.3.11
>
>              The reason for that question is that the most obvious
>         explanation
>              for this
>              failure is that the auto_explain build is seeing a
>         different value for
>              PG_USE_INLINE than the main server build did.
>

>         Ok. But I am not getting getting why auto_explain is doing that.
>         All pg_config parameters have correct value as per my installation
>         posted in last mail.
>

>     Do you have a Postgres instance installed that did not come from the
>     Git clone?
>

> Currently I do not have Postgres installation from other than Git but i
> will try that soon.
>
> I did same Postgres version installation of  on CentOS 6 , It is working
> fine.

You did that as source install from the Git repo or via a package?

> I think it is problem with OS X. On OS X contrib tools unable to find
> correct installation paths.
> I feel we need to fix them.

I do not use OS X, so I will not be of much help there.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Сообщение: Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created