Re: Is it possible to call Postgres directly?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Is it possible to call Postgres directly?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/20/2016 7:27 PM, david@andl.org wrote:
> Re (1): At present I can do it like this:
>
> SELECT * FROM COMPILE($$
> <Andl code goes here>
> $$);
>
> But I would like to avoid the outer SQL SQL wrapper.

so all your top level application queries are of the form SELECT * from
FUNCTION() ?

thats not going to do a very good job on things like joins, aggregates,
etc, your ANDL is going to be completely reinventing the wheel, its own
query optimizer, figuring out how to use indexes, all the postgres
datatypes and things like postGIS, etcetcetc ?

huh.