Re: Initdb --data-checksums by default

От Alex Ignatov
Тема Re: Initdb --data-checksums by default
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 20.04.2016 12:27, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
På onsdag 20. april 2016 kl. 11:22:33, skrev Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru>:
[snip]
Why do you think that common pg-users doesn't care about their data?

Did I say that?

Also why do we have wal_level=minimal fsync=on and other stuff?

To make certain garantees that data is by default durable.

What I'm saying is that everything is a compromise, cost/benefit. The universe might explode tomorrow but the chances are slim, so no use preparing for it.
Those caring enough probably use checksums, battery-packed RAID etc.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Wal is not durable without crc in it. But we have by default crc in wal and not in data files.

--
Alex Ignatov
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения