PG 9.1 on windows setup problem

От Moreno Andreo
Тема PG 9.1 on windows setup problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
     I have a strange problem.
I'm installing PostgreSQL 9.1 on Windows XP Home SP3 (don't ask!!! :-))
and facing the following problem (pasted from log)

---------------------
[...]
Starting the database server...
Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:\PGSql\installer\server\startserver.vbs"
postgresql-9.1
Script exit code: 1

Script output:
  Starting postgresql-9.1
Failed to start the database server (14)

Script stderr:
  Program ended with an error exit code
[...]
------------------

All seems to be OK, initdb seems OK, if I run
         pg_ctl -D <data dir> start
the server starts and populates its log (in \pg_log) with no strange things
Antivirus software is disabled
Firewall is disabled

We have a customized (unattended and parameter-driven) PostgreSQL setup
inside out application setup. To exclude even this, I tried to install
PG using setup with its own GUI, but no luck.

I'd like to know the meaning of that (14) error code, just to dig
further in the problem.
Also, is there an installation error codes reference somewhere?

Thanks
Moreno.-

Сообщение: Re: How do BEGIN/COMMIT/ABORT operate in a nested SPI query?