Re: Enhancement request for pg_dump

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Enhancement request for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/17/2016 06:10 PM, Sergei Agalakov wrote:
> Thank you, I know this place.
> I just wanted to check that my request will have the peoples support.
> So far it doesn't. It looks like that or people never need to compare
> two PG databases to find the differences in the schemas or security,
> or happy to use the third party tools to do it, and don't want any
> native support. If I see any support from other people for this idea
> then I shall
> go to https://postgresql.uservoice.com/forums/21853-general, but looking
> on, say, "Partitions in Oracle style" that are marked as have been
> started in 2010
> (sure, INHERITANCE is so much Oracle style partitions!) I don't see it
> to be very useful.

Honestly I did not know that site existed. If you want some traction on
this I would suggest the traditional way.

If you think it is a bug:
http://www.postgresql.org/support/submitbug/

If you think it should be a new feature then make your case on --hackers:
http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/

FYI, the place I look for requested features is the Todo list:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com