Re: pgpool-II: cannot use serializable mode in a hot standby

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pgpool-II: cannot use serializable mode in a hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/12/2016 07:02 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 04/12/2016 16:50, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 04/12/2016 01:06 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> We have application which explicitly does
>>> set default_transaction_isolation to 'serializable' .
>>> It is connected to PostgreSQL master/slave cluster through pgpool-II
>>> (pgpool2 3.4.3-1.pgdg70+1). Our logs are filling with
>>>
>>>   ERROR: 0A000: cannot use serializable mode in a hot standby DETAIL:
>>> "default_transaction_isolation" is set to "serializable". HINT: You can
>>> use "SET default_transaction_isolation = 'repeatable read'" to change
>>> the default. db netstat, client 10.160.1.38, user nf2pg LOCATION:
>>> GetSerializableTransactionSnapshot, predicate.c:1588 STATEMENT:
>>> DISCARD ALL
>>>
>>> It seems pgpool sends these statements to the slave server. Is it
>>> pgpool/application misconfiguration or pgpool issue?
>>>

>> I would say the above is coming from Postgres not pgpool:
>
> I understand. I mean perhaps pgpool shouldn't forward these statements
> to slaves.

That is probably best handled here:

or here:

http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Bug_tracking_system

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Alexander Pyhalov
Сообщение: Re: pgpool-II: cannot use serializable mode in a hot standby
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database