Re: what database schema version management system to use?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: what database schema version management system to use?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/6/2016 3:55 AM, Alexey Bashtanov wrote:
> I am searching for a proper database schema version management system.

At my $job we're old school.     our schemas are versioned. there's a
settings table with (setting TEXT, value TEXT) fields, a row in that is
('version', '1.0')  or whatever.

each new release of the schema is released as a .SQL file which builds
the full schema from scratch, and a .SQL file which updates the previous
version to the new version.     the full build and update .sql files are
kept in our source code control along with the rest of our software.
we're quite careful about how we modify our schema so it can be done
online, update the schema on the live database, then update and restart
the application/middleware.