Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Дата
Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 03/29/2016 09:38 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> I am currently travelling, but my intention is to deal with the remaining
>> patches when I'm back home this weekend, unless someone beats me to it.
> Cool.

Progress report:

I have spent way too much time on this and don't have it working yet.
I'm setting up a sacrificial VM from scratch in a last ditch attempt to
get it working.

Things to note so far:
 * VS2015 appears to create version 12 solution files, not version 14,   and the tools complained about version 14. *
Windowsgit (the successor to msysGit) apparently no longer ships   with bison and flex. So if you need those (i.e. to
builtfrom git,   not tarball) you're probably going to need to install the MsysDTK   even if you're not using its
compiler.

cheers

andrew