Re: Sampling Profler for Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sampling Profler for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> On March 10, 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> FWIW, the systemtap guys are really, really close to having a working
>>> DTrace equivalent for Linux:
>>> http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/2009/02/24/systemtap-09-markers-everywhere/

>> So how is this going?  Is it usable?  I assume it's source compatible
>> with the dtrace support that we already have?

> The current 0.9 release does *not* work on our CVS tip (dtrace fails
> on more-than-6-argument probes, and there are some other issues),
> but you can pull from their git repository:

BTW, systemtap 0.9.5 is now available as part of the standard Fedora 10
package set, so you don't have to install any nonstandard software
anymore.  I've checked, and 0.9.5 appears to "just work" with our
CVS HEAD.  You need these packages:

$ rpm -qa | grep systemtap
systemtap-sdt-devel-0.9.5-1.fc10.x86_64
systemtap-runtime-0.9.5-1.fc10.x86_64
systemtap-0.9.5-1.fc10.x86_64

Then configure --enable-dtrace, and away you go.

Сообщение: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Сообщение: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items