Re: Privileges on PUBLICATION

От Antonin Houska
Тема Re: Privileges on PUBLICATION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 13, 2022, at 3:36 AM, Antonin Houska wrote:
>
>  Attached is my proposal. It tries to be more specific and does not mention the
>  absence of the privileges explicitly.
>
> You explained the current issue but say nothing about the limitation. This
> information will trigger a question possibly in one of the MLs. IMO if you say
> something like the sentence above at the end, it will make it clear why that
> setup expose all data (there is no access control to publications) and
> explicitly say there is a TODO here.
>
> Additional privileges might be added to control access to table data in a
> future version of <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>.

I thought it sound too negative if absence of some feature was mentioned
explicitly. However it makes sense to be clear from technical point of view.

> I also wouldn't use the warning tag because it fits in the same category as the
> other restrictions listed in the page.

ok, please see the next version.

--
Antonin Houska

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set