Re: CORRUPTION on TOAST table

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: CORRUPTION on TOAST table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/02/2016 08:38 PM, Soni M wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We face TOAST table corruption.
>
> One master and two streaming replicas. The corruption happen only on
> both streaming replicas.
>
> We did found the corrupted rows. Selecting on this row, return (on both
> replica) : unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value
> 1100613112 in pg_toast_112517
> selecting this row on master does not return corruption error, but
> return correct result instead.
>
> Previously, dump on a replica return : unexpected chunk number 0
> (expected 1) for toast value 3234098599 in pg_toast_112517 (please note
> the toast value is different)
>
> This table size is 343 GB, contain around 206,179,697 live tuples. We
> found that the corruption happen on the biggest column (this column and
> its pkey sized around 299 GB total).
>
> replica1 :
> ESX 5.5, VM Version 8
> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5649  @ 2.53GHz
> 8GB RAM
> Storage – Raw Disk Mapping in ESX from 3PAR 7400 SAN using Fast Class
> (10k) disk
> Each volume (single disk as presented by SAN) on the VMs is its own LVM
> volume.
>
> replica2 :
> ESX 5.5, VM Version 8
> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz
> 8GB RAM
> Raw Disk Mapping in ESX from 3PAR 7400 SAN using Fast Clkass (10k) disk
> Each volume (single disk as presented by SAN) on the VMs is its own LVM
> volume.

So where is the master data located, on the SAN or somewhere different?

To be clear about above, each replica is it own VM with its own virtual
disk/volume as served up from the same SAN, correct?

Can you elaborate more on what is actually taking place with the raw
disk mapping?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com