Re: INSERT Trigger to check for existing records : Does this do what I hope it is doing?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: INSERT Trigger to check for existing records : Does this do what I hope it is doing?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/25/20 9:13 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 11/25/20 8:43 AM, hagen@datasundae.com wrote:
>> Adrian,
>>

> Until the previous questions are addressed the above is not doable.
>

>> 3. Not positive the IF is doing what I want,  but if I copy a
>> sfdc.dealid into the same_test() parameter field the FUNTION does
>> update the hygiene_119.status field properly. To me, it appears I just
>> need a way to iterate through and  insert one hygiene_119.dealid in
>> the same_test parameter field. Then the UPDATE should flag all the
>> hygiene_119 records as SAME or NEW. Obviously I don't REALLY need both
>> flags as the absence of a flag would indicate status too.
>
> Before continuing with the function I would try some SELECT functions
> that do what you want.

Would probably help if I expanded on that. So to find dealids that are
new, something like:

SELECT
     new_data.dealid
FROM
     hygiene_119 AS new_data
LEFT JOIN
     sfdc sp AS old_data
ON
     new_data.dealid = old_data.dealid
WHERE
     old_data.dealid IS NULL;

The LEFT JOIN will return all the dealids from hygiene_119 and if a
dealid does not exist in sfdc the fields for it will be set to NULL. So
by filtering on old_data.dealid IS NULL you find the dealids that exist
in the new data but not the old.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: RE: INSERT Trigger to check for existing records : Does this do what I hope it is doing?