Analyze command running for 2063 minutes so far

От tony@exquisiteimages.com
Тема Analyze command running for 2063 minutes so far
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I started an Analyze command on a database Wednesday evening at around
9:00PM. it is now Friday morning at 8:00 and it is still running.

If I execute the query:
select max(last_analyze) from pg_stat_user_tables;

The result I receive is:
6/27/2019 8:27 AM

So it appears that no analyze information has been written to the
pg_stat_user_tables for 24 hours.

When I execute the "top" command the postgres instance running the
"analyze" command is using 97 to 100% of one of the cores.

Currently the overall performance of the server is not being impacted. I
have eleven other cores and it is seldom that more than 9 have 90% or
more utilization and the SSD appears to not be slowed much by whatever
is happening.

I did try to execute:
SELECT pg_cancel_backend(4029);
and
SELECT pg_terminate_backend(4029);
but neither had any effect.

Since this is not currently causing any user performance issues I don't
plan to try to do anything else until this weekend.

Since the pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend have not had any
effect, what should I expect from shutting postgresql down and bringing
it back up?

I am running PostgreSQL version 9.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 with 128GB of
memory, 800GB PCIe SSD for Database files, 1TB SATA SSD for WAL, 512GB
SATA SSD for system files.

Thank you for your assistance.