Re: how to regenerate pg_control file ?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: how to regenerate pg_control file ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/01/2016 10:44 AM, Brahim EL ALLIOUI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following a power failure the database is corrupt.
> I found that the file "pg_control" missing.
> I executed the command "pg_resetxlog" and he gave me the message:

What version of Postgres?

Exactly what was the command you gave?

In particular did you specify the data directory?

> run : touch global/pg_control
>
> Please, what should be done ?

If you have the space back up the existing  data directory somewhere
before going any further.

Confirm that pg_control does not actually exist.

If pg_control does not exist, read the instructions for the -f option here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/app-pgresetxlog.html

Be aware of this:

"After running this command, it should be possible to start the server,
but bear in mind that the database might contain inconsistent data due
to partially-committed transactions. You should immediately dump your
data, run initdb, and reload. After reload, check for inconsistencies
and repair as needed."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com