Re: Multimaster

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: Multimaster
Дата
Re: Multimaster  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Simon,

Yes, we will distributed all our code under PostgreSQL license.
Right now we are using copy of pglogical_output plugin + receiver part written based on BDR code (just because when we started work on multimaster pglogical plugin was not released).
We have plans to eliminate copies of pglogical plugin files from our code and instead of it refer pglogical plugin.

Right now the main problem is parallel apply: we need to apply changes concurrently to avoid unintended dependencies causing deadlocks and provide reasonable performance.

We also need 2PC support but this code was sent to you by Stas, so I hope that sometime it will be included in PostgreSQL core and pglogical plugin.

There are also some minor technical issues which lead us to making few changes in pglogical code but we tried to do our best to keep original versions unchanged, so we can switch to public version in future.