Re: bdr replication

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: bdr replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/30/2016 8:09 PM, Slava Bendersky wrote:
> Is any share storage technology recommended for PostgreSQL in  virtual
> environment ?
> Ok what I will do is going take backups, shutdown both virtual servers
> and place all vm use local disk on server only.

'share storage technology'...  um.    thats such a vague term, it can
mean lots of things.

each postgres instance needs its own data store, two instances can NOT
share the same files under any condition.     these data stores can be
on SAN or NAS, as long the storage is reliable about committed random
writes, and as long as two different servers aren't using the SAME
directory for their data stores.