Re: Relation extension scalability

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Relation extension scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24/03/16 07:04, Dilip Kumar wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com
> <mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Amit Kapila
>     <amit.kapila16@gmail.com <mailto:amit.kapila16@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > RecordAndGetPageWithFreeSpace() tries to search from the oldPage passed to
>     > it, rather than from top, so even if  RecordPageWithFreeSpace() doesn't
>     > update till root, it will be able to search the newly added page.  I agree
>     > with whatever you have said in another mail that we should introduce a new
>     > API to do a more targeted search for such cases.
>
>     OK, let's do that, then.
>

> Ok, I have added new API which just find the free block from and start
> search from last given page.
>
> 1. I have named the new function as GetPageWithFreeSpaceUsingOldPage, I
> don't like this name, but I could not come up with any better, Please
> suggest one.

GetNearestPageWithFreeSpace? (although not sure that's accurate
description, maybe Nearby would be better)

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Small patch: fix code duplication in heapam.c