Re: BUG #14024: problem in Creating pivot table

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: BUG #14024: problem in Creating pivot table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 03/16/2016 06:56 AM, amr.fadly@vodafone.com wrote:
>=20
> Bug reference:      14024
> Logged by:          AmrFadly
> Email address:      amr.fadly@vodafone.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.0
> Operating system:   Windows 7
>=20
> we are trying to do the example in the documentation to create pivot table
> using crosstab function, it is not working and gives the below error:
>=20
> ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
> SQL state: 42883
> Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might ne=
ed
> to add explicit type casts.
> Character: 15

You should not assume this is a bug until proven it is not
misconfiguration. Next time, unless you are sure, please ask for help on
the general or novice list first.

I'll bet the extension is not installed. Please run \dx from psql. If
you don't see tablefunc among the listed installed extensions, then you
need to create it.

HTH,

Joe

--=20