Re: fd.c doesn't remove files on a crash-restart

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: fd.c doesn't remove files on a crash-restart
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/16/2016 11:05 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hello,
>> fd.c[1] will remove files from pgsql_tmp on a restart but not a
>> crash-restart per this comment:
>
>> /*
>> * NOTE: we could, but don't, call this during a post-backend-crash restart
>> * cycle.  The argument for not doing it is that someone might want to
>> examine
>> * the temp files for debugging purposes.  This does however mean that
>> * OpenTemporaryFile had better allow for collision with an existing temp
>> * file name.
>> */
>
>> I understand that this is designed this way. I think it is a bad idea
>> because:
>
> Possible compromise: remove files only in non-Assert builds?

Oh, that seems absolutely reasonable. If we are using assert builds it
is because we are debugging something (or should be) anyway.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

Сообщение: Re: fd.c doesn't remove files on a crash-restart
Сообщение: Re: fd.c doesn't remove files on a crash-restart