Re: PATCH: use foreign keys to improve join estimates v1

От David Steele
Тема Re: PATCH: use foreign keys to improve join estimates v1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Thomas,

On 2/24/16 11:21 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> Overall, I still believe the FK patch is a clear improvement of the
> current status - while it's true it does not improve all possible cases
> and there's a room for additional improvements (like handling multiple
> candidate FK constraints), it should not make existing estimates worse.

The latest version of this patch does not apply:

$ git apply ../other/0001-estimation-with-fkeys-v2.patch
../other/0001-estimation-with-fkeys-v2.patch:748: trailing whitespace.

error: patch failed: src/backend/optimizer/util/plancat.c:27
error: src/backend/optimizer/util/plancat.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/include/nodes/relation.h:468
error: src/include/nodes/relation.h: patch does not apply

David's most recent version also does not apply:

$ git apply ../other/estimation-with-fkeys-v2_davidv4.patch
../other/estimation-with-fkeys-v2_davidv4.patch:517: trailing whitespace.

error: patch failed: src/backend/optimizer/util/plancat.c:27
error: src/backend/optimizer/util/plancat.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/include/nodes/relation.h:472
error: src/include/nodes/relation.h: patch does not apply

I don't think it would be clear to any reviewer which patch to apply
even if they were working.  I'm marking this "waiting for author".

Thanks,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net