Re: Regarding connection drops for every few minutes

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Regarding connection drops for every few minutes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/11/2016 1:50 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
 Thanks for quick response .as per above conversation. for which parameter i can comment to resolve the  issue & please specify the value of parameter sir

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

your client is disconnecting without closing, thats all that error says, it doesn't say why this is happening, and without knowing why, there's no way to suggest a fix.

I suppose you could try setting tcp_keepalives_idle, if your connections are staying idle for a long time and your OS doesn't default to using tcp_keepalive, this could help.

I have no idea what a suitable value is, you didn't specify an operating system, a postgres version, what API your client is using, or if this is a localhost vs a LAN vs an internet connection, or really much of anything else..

btw, please reply to the list,  not to me privately, thank you.