Re: proposal: function parse_ident

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: proposal: function parse_ident
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>         select
>         parse_ident(E'X\rXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX');
>

> I am sending updated patch - I used json function for correct escaping - the
> escaping behave is same.

Hmm, it doesn't look so:
% select parse_ident(E'_\005');
ERROR:  identifier contains disallowed characters: "_\u0005"
% select parse_ident(E'\005');
ERROR:  missing identifier: "\u0005"

but

# select parse_ident(E'"\005"'); parse_ident

Error messages above point wrong character wrongly.

One more inconsistence:
# select parse_ident(E'"\005"') as "\005";  \005

Display outputs of actual identifier and parse_indent are differ.

Actually, I can live with both but are any other opinions? Seems, at least
difference of actual identifier and output of parse_indent should be pointed in
docs.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/