Re: Error and wrong lenghth of non-ASCII Unicode string in plpythonu

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Error and wrong lenghth of non-ASCII Unicode string in plpythonu
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 1/18/16 12:59 PM, Volker Paul wrote:
> the following plpythonu function reveals wrong length calculation
> and error on accessing single characters in a Unicode string.

The problem is that in Python 2, source text must be ASCII.  So you need
to escape any non-ASCII characters using \x or \u escapes or something else.

I've tried patching PL/Python so that it automatically inserts a
"coding" declaration per PEP-263, but I haven't gotten that to work yet.

Your example works fine with Python 3, which expects UTF-8 source
encoding, so maybe that's an option for you.  (Although now that I think
about it, that might have failure scenarios in other database encodings.)