Re: create create of database of a particular name

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: create create of database of a particular name
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/09/2016 07:02 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 09/03/2016 14:53, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 03/09/2016 05:49 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Django, a popular python web framework, runs its unit tests by creating
>>> a 'test_'-prefixed database and then dropping it at the end of the test
>>> run.
>>
>> FYI in Django 1.8+ you can prevent that:
>>
>> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/topics/testing/overview/#the-test-database
>>

>> " New in Django 1.8:
>>
>> You can prevent the test databases from being destroyed by adding the
>> --keepdb flag to the test command. This will preserve the test database
>> between runs. If the database does not exist, it will first be created.
>> Any migrations will also be applied in order to keep it up to date.
>> "
>
> ...and we're on 1.7 :-(

Then you might want to try what I use, pytest-django:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-django

It has done the above for some time now:

http://pytest-django.readthedocs.org/en/latest/database.html#reuse-db-reuse-the-testing-database-between-test-runs

Guessing that is where Django got the idea.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com