Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/7/2016 3:28 PM, david@andl.org wrote:
> [dmb>] Thanks. Yes, I knew that. My problem is a strategy to start up the language engine once (per session), load
stufffrom the database once, and then keep the per-call cost as low as possible....

this stuff you're loading from the database once, that's just data about
your language plugin's configuration, or is it user data, or what?

if its just a few global settings, you should consider using custom
settings variables, rather than database tables.   for instance, pljava
has a setting,
pljava.libjvm_location='/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0/lib/libjvm.so' or
whatever which it uses to find the Java native calls interface library...

Сообщение: Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?
От: "Thiemo Kellner, NHC Barhufpflege"
Сообщение: Logger into table and/or to cli