Re: PATCH: pgbench - merging transaction logs

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PATCH: pgbench - merging transaction logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On March 23, 2015 8:00:04 PM GMT+01:00, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

>> Guys, I don't see this theoretical discussion going anywhere. I think
>> it's time to simply implement this and evaluate it on a bigger
>> machine.
>
>Sure. I was kind of hoping that someone else would implement it,
>because
>I'm a reviewer on this one, and I do not have the bigger machine at
>hand
>either:-) If nothing happens and when I have some time, I'll do it.

It wasn't specifically aimed at you...

>> It can't take very long to implement tosimply just write to one
>> file instead of the multiple files as now.
>
>Sure.
>
>> The posix guaranteed fprintf locking should already take care of the
>> rest.
>
>I think I would try with snprintf to reduce locking.

Glibc's locking is around the streambuffer IIRC. So that's not likely to do much...

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Сообщение: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Сообщение: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric