Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neither pg_dtm, neither pg_tsdtm supports serializable isolation level.
We implemented distributed snapshot isolation - repeatable-read isolation level.
We also do not support read-committed isolation level now.

We do not try to preserve transaction commit order at all nodes.
But in principle it can be implemented using XTM API: it allows to redefine function which actually sets transaction
status. pg_dtm performs 2PC here.

And in principle it is possible to enforce commits in any particular order.

Concerning CSNs, may be you are right and it is not correct to use this notion in this case. Actually there are many
"CSNs"involved in transaction commit.

First of all each transaction is assigned local CSN (timestamp) when it is ready to commit. Then CSNs of all nodes are
exchangedand maximal CSN is chosen.

This maximum is writen as final transaction CSN and is used in visibility check.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL extension API? Documentation?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL extension API? Documentation?