Re: get current log file

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: get current log file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26-02-2016 11:50, Tom Lane wrote:
> This needs to be explained a lot more clearly than it has been so far,
> else we are going to reject this proposed feature as being more code and
> more overhead than is justified.  Exactly why would you need a pointer to
> the current log file, rather than just configuring whatever tool you use
> to vacuum up everything in the pg_log directory?  Why would this use-case
> not suffer from nasty race conditions (ie, what happens when current log
> file changes immediately before or immediately after you look at the
> pointer)?

Those are good concerns. Also, we already have emit_log_hook that could
grab server log messages. A small extension using the hook (there are
some out there) could be use with a log consuming tool.

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento