Re: get current log file

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: get current log file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26-02-2016 08:03, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't think we're going to accept this feature if it might fail in
> corner cases.  And that design seems awfully complex.

Agree.

> The obvious way to implement this, to me at least, seems to be for the
> syslogger to write a file someplace in the data directory containing
> the name of the current log file.  When it switches log files, it
> rewrites that file.  When you want to know what the current logfile
> is, you read that file.

That is not an elegant solution but it is simple. However, it is another
file in PGDATA. I can live with that but if we have consensus, let's do
it optional.

> But there's one thing I'm slightly baffled about: why would you
> actually need this?

The use case I have in mind is consume log file by using a tool like
logstash. In this case, logstash accepts patterns and you can also use
syslog for it.

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Ivan Kartyshov
Сообщение: Re: [PATH] Correct negative/zero year in to_date/to_timestamp
От: "Shulgin, Oleksandr"
Сообщение: Re: [PATH] Correct negative/zero year in to_date/to_timestamp