Re: Get the date of creation of objects in the database

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Get the date of creation of objects in the database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/22/2016 03:24 PM, Edson F. Lidorio wrote:

> + 1
>
> Listen11similar discussionat [1]
>
> [1]
> http://pgsql-hackers.postgresql.narkive.com/TQSHWw1l/proposal-store-timestamptz-of-database-creation-on-pg-database

Where the above leads to is implementing a version control system inside
the database. Not necessarily a bad idea, but something I personally see
as better handled by dedicated version control software. Myself, I use
sqitch(http://sqitch.org/) in combination with Mercurial to keep track
of object creation and changes. Being independent of the database it
handles dealing with multiple instances(think dev, testing, production)
easier.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com