Re: about google summer of code 2016

От Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Тема Re: about google summer of code 2016
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 22/02/16 23:34, Tom Lane wrote:
> Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@8kdata.com> writes:
>> On 22/02/16 05:10, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Another variable is that your answers might depend on what format you
>>> assume the client is trying to convert from/to.  (It's presumably not
>>> text JSON, but then what is it?)
>>       As I mentioned before, there are many well-known JSON serialization
>> formats, like:
>> - http://ubjson.org/
>> - http://cbor.io/
>> - http://msgpack.org/
>> - BSON (ok, let's skip that one hehehe)
>> - http://wiki.fasterxml.com/SmileFormatSpec
> Ah, the great thing about standards is there are so many to choose from :-(
>
> So I guess part of the GSoC project would have to be figuring out which
> one of these would make the most sense for us to adopt.
>
>             regards, tom lane
    Yes.
    And unless I'm mistaken, there's an int16 to identify the data
format. Apart from the chosen format, others may be provided as an
alternative using different data formats. Or alternatives (like
compressed text json). Of course, this may be better suited for a next
GSoC project, of course.
    Álvaro

--
Álvaro Hernández Tortosa