Re: Allow to specify (auto-)vacuum cost limits relative to the database/cluster size?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Allow to specify (auto-)vacuum cost limits relative to the database/cluster size?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/12/16 6:42 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Somehow computing the speed in relation to the cluster/database size is
> probably possible, but I wonder how we can do so without constantly
> re-computing something relatively expensive?

ISTM relpages would probably be good enough for this, if we take the
extra step of getting actual relation size when relpages is 0.

I'm not sure a straght scale factor is the way to go though... it seems
that might be problematic? I think we'd at least one a minimum default
value; you certainly don't want even a small system running vacuum at
1kB/s...