Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions

От Josh berkus
Тема Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I am marking this patch as returned with feedback for now, not all the
>> issues have been fixed yet, and there are still no docs (the
>> conclusion being that people would like to have this stuff, right?).
>> Feel free to move it to the next CF should a new version be written.
>
> I think we still don't have a real use case for this feature, and a
> couple of points against it.

I have a use-case for this feature, at part of it containerized
PostgreSQL. Right now, there is certain diagnostic information (like
timeline) which is exposed ONLY in pg_controldata.  That leaves no
reasonable way to expose this information in an API.

(and yes, we have a bigger issue with stuff which is only in pg_log, but
one thing at a time)

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Сообщение: Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions
Сообщение: Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions