Re: Re : Re: Pgsql troubleshooting & Iscsi

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re : Re: Pgsql troubleshooting & Iscsi
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/17/2016 10:30 AM, proj@free.fr wrote:
> I already try to change the dependencies with postgresql.service (adding as a prerequesite lvm scan, iscsi) .
> The mounting began before postgresql but the mount was successfull after the failure.

Exactly, the drive was not mounted when the Postgres service started, so
Postgres could not find its data directory. From your log:

postgresql-check-db-dir: "/var/lib/pgsql/data" is missing or empty

logicalvolume, mounted at starting of the machine (xfs formatted). The mounting point is /var/lib/pgsql

>> At the boot of the server, postgresql.service is in failed status.
>>
>> In messages.log :
>> systemd: mounting /var/lib/pgsql
>> starting PostgreSQL database server
>> kernel sdv: unknown partition table
>> sd 2:0:0:0: [sdb] attached SCSI disk
>> xfs (dm-4): Mounting V4 Filesystem
>> postgresql-check-db-dir: "/var/lib/pgsql/data" is missing or empty
>> postgresql.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
>> Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.
>>

>> When I'm logged on the server, if it try to start manually the database : systemctl start postgresql --> OK (and I
don'tlose any data, database is available)

>> I think it's a problem of order in the boot process : network service must be started, then iscsi, then lvm etc...
SoI tried to force dependencies on the /usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service adding "After=lvm-pgscan.service
iscsi.service"etc... but the result is the same : failure in starting postgresql

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com