Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/16/2016 12:06 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> >Could we force the global catalogs to always be accessed via UTF8,
>> >at least for modification? I suspect that would mean changing
>> >encodings on the fly in the appropriate command functions (such as
>> >what's listed in src/include/commands/user.h).
> I don't remember us favoring UTF8 in this way in the past.

what encoding SHOULD the global catalogs be in when the databases are in
different encodings?   I'm not sure there's any answer better than utf8 ?

Сообщение: Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Сообщение: Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail