Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/16/16 10:38 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I see no one else commented on this.  We have trouble keeping the global
> system catalogs consistent when databases in the same cluster use
> different encodings.  I am not sure how we could improve this.

Could we force the global catalogs to always be accessed via UTF8, at
least for modification? I suspect that would mean changing encodings on
the fly in the appropriate command functions (such as what's listed in
src/include/commands/user.h).

Сообщение: Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Сообщение: Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail