Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I don't think this alone will completely get rid of the hardcoded
> special cases though, because we have these two mappings which look
> like Latin but are in fact Cyrillic and I assume we need to keep them:
>
> ³ å
> £ Å

As a native Russian speaker I can explain why we need to keep this two rules.
'³' letter is not 'E' with some accent/diacritic sign, it is a separate letter
in russian alphabet. But a lot of newpapers, magazines and even books use 'å'
instead of '³' to simplify printing house work. Any Russian speaker doesn't make
a mistake while reading because '³' isn't frequent and anybody remembers the
right pronounce. Also, on russian keyboard '³' placed in inconvenient place (key
with ` or ~), so, many russian writer use 'å' instead of it to increase typing
speed.

Pls, do not remove at least this special case.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13941: Different value "pg_constraint.consrc" for similar Check Constrait
От: Alexey Makhmutov
Сообщение: Re[2]: [BUGS] BUG #13935: Duplicate row in pg_constraint table which is not accessible via indexes