Re: Request for Code Review: BPGSQL

От Jacek Wielemborek
Тема Re: Request for Code Review: BPGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
W dniu 11.02.2016 o 14:06, Rich Jones pisze:
> Hello, team!
>
> I am writing on behalf of the BPGSQL Project [1] to request a code audit
> from a core PGSQL team member.
>
> The current maintainer is worried about the security of the code, and is
> considering closing the project unless it can be properly reviewed [2]. As
> a project living downstream[3] of that client library, I'd obviously much
> rather see that project get reviewed rather than see it die.
>
> Would anybody here be so kind as to volunteer to give BPGSQL a code review
> from an upstream developer's perspective? It would have a lot of value
> downstream users who want to use Postgres on Amazon RDS for serverless
> applications, and I'm sure in plenty of other places.
>
> Thanks very much!,
> Rich Jones
>
> [1] https://github.com/d33tah/bpgsql
> [2] https://github.com/d33tah/bpgsql/issues/7
> [3] https://github.com/Miserlou/django-zappa/issues/3

Hello,

Thanks Rich, I second the request for a code review.

I felt I'd add that this is a 1500-line pure-Python PostgreSQL client
module that I inherited after Barry Pederson. After I realized how
execute() is implemented, I have my worries and I'd rather not risk
making my users vulnerable.

I'd be really grateful if somebody who knows a bit of Python and the
guts of PostgreSQL could speak up on this one.

Cheers,
d33tah