Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/10/2016 09:24 AM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:08 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com
> <mailto:pierce@hogranch.com>>wrote:
>
>     On 2/10/2016 8:51 AM, Pierre Chevalier Géologue wrote:
>>     PPS: how should I behave on this list: should I systematically
>>     "reply to all", or just "reply" to the list?  I'm used to a number
>>     of mailing lists where a simple "reply" automatically replies to
>>     the list, and the rule obliges you to **only** use "reply".
>

>     Thunderbird offers me both 'reply' and 'reply list' buttons for the
>     messages on this list.
>
>     most of the lists I'm on, a simple reply IS a reply list, as they
>     wish to encourage discussions rather than private responses.   I
>     personally dislike 'reply all' as I'm ON the list so why send me
>     another CC ?

Go here:

https://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=pgsql-general

And in settings check:

eliminatecc
     Select this if you do not want two copies when someone sends a
message both to you and to the list.

> It lets me distinguish between the list threads that I haven't responded
> to and those that I have.​
>
>  From observation pretty much everyone here uses reply-to-all...I
> suspect for a similar reason.

Also if the mail server is down or overloaded(a less frequent occurrence
these days) you can carry on a conversation while the server catches up.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com