Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/09/2016 11:21 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> The idea I was toying with is that previous filesystem activity (making
>> the temp install, the server's never-fsync'd writes, etc) has built up a
>> bunch of dirty kernel buffers, and at some point the kernel goes nuts
>> writing all that data.  So the issues we're seeing would come and go
>> depending on the timing of that I/O spike.  I'm not sure how to prove
>> such a theory from here.
>

> Yeah. It's faintly possible that a kernel upgrade will  help.

Another data point. I have another RPi2B that is running Debian Wheezy
rather than the Fedora remix. I'm running the same test on it we ran
yesterday on axolotl. It seems to be running without having the same
problems. So maybe the particular kernel port to ARM is what's tripping
us up.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"
Сообщение: Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"