Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups

От David Steele
Тема Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/10/16 10:50 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 4:38 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net
>
>     This information is handy for automating selection of a backup when
>     doing time-based PITR (or so the user can manually select).  For
>     exclusive backups it is possible to parse the .backup file to get this
>     information but non-exclusive backups do not output the .backup file.
>

> The non-exclusive backups *do* output the backup_label file, it just
> shows up as a text field instead of as a separate file. You're supposed
> to write that data to a file in the backup program.

I meant the .backup file (e.g. 000000010000008C0000001A.00000028.backup)
that is archived along with the WAL for an exlcusive backup.  I believe
this is currently the only place to get the stop time (without reading
the WAL segments).

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net