Re: execute same query only one time?

От Johannes
Тема Re: execute same query only one time?
Дата
Re: execute same query only one time?  (Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de>)
Список pgsql-general

Am 08.02.2016 um 21:17 schrieb Vitaly Burovoy:
> On 2/8/16, Johannes <jotpe@posteo.de> wrote:

>>> Please confirm:​
>>>
>>> ​You want the​ result of "SELECT max(id) FROM t0" to be used in the
>>> second
>>> query without having to recompute it?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> What client are you using to execute these statements?
>>
>> JDBC. I execute both statements at once and iterate through the resultsets.
>>
>> Johannes
>
> Hmm. Could you clarify why you don't want to pass id from the first
> query to the second one:
>
> select col1 from t1 where t0_id = value_id_from_the_first_query

Of course I could do that, but in that case I would not ask.

I thougt there could be a better solution to execute all statements at
once. Saving roundtrips, increase speed, a more sophistacted solution,
learn something new...

Johannes

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: execute same query only one time?
Сообщение: Re: execute same query only one time?