Re: Development with Eclipse - Wrong error messages in IDE

От Peter Moser
Тема Re: Development with Eclipse - Wrong error messages in IDE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05.02.2016 um 18:40 Jason Petersen wrote:
>> On Feb 3, 2016, at 2:38 AM, Peter Moser <pitiz29a@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone had similar problems? Do I have to configure Eclipse to understand the PG_RMGR macro or is there another
possibilityto teach Eclipse these macros?

Hi,

> I just built 9.6 under Eclipse CDT to try this out and was able to open e.g. heapam.c without any error markers.
>
> I added PostgreSQL as a “Makefile Project with Existing Code” after running ./configure from the command-line. After
that,I built the project from within Eclipse by adding the ‘all’ make target and running it.

I imported PG the same way, configured from terminal with
export CFLAGS="-g0"        ./configure \    --prefix="/home/p/pg/build" \    --enable-debug \    --enable-depend \
--enable-cassert

I built the project from command-line, not from within Eclipse. First I
thought that this may have caused all this problems, but no...

> One setting I usually change: right-click the project, pick Properties, then drill down through C/C++ General ->
PreprocessorInclude Paths. In the Provider pane, there is an entry for “CDT GCC Build Output Parser”. I’m not sure if
thisis strictly necessary, but I set my “Container to keep discovered entries” setting to “File”.

> Basically, Eclipse scans the make output for -I flags, then notes all the includes used to build each file, so the
staticanalyzer, etc. can have more accurate information (it is crucial that the “Compiler command pattern” in this
windowbe a regex that will match the compiler binary you use, so if you have /usr/local/bin/gcc, and “gcc” is the
pattern,you are in for trouble).

> After running the build, Eclipse should now know what includes are used for each file and stop whining. If it ever
seemsto have problems, you can kick it by running a clean target, then all, then picking “Project -> C/C++ Index ->
Rebuild”(I think).

Thanks for all your suggestions, tried all of them, but it made no
difference. What finally solved my problems was to delete the BUILD and
cluster DATA folders that I had created, re-configured the system.
Deleted the project in Eclipse, and imported it again after configure.
All wrong markers disappeared. Maybe the C-file index of Eclipse was
corrupted or so. Also rebuilding it didn't work. The only difference
from my previous attempt was the CFLAGS thing (see above), but I do not
know if this changes anything related to markers.

----
Peter

От: Huong Dangminh
Сообщение: backpatch for REL9_4_STABLE of commit 40482e606733675eb9e5b2f7221186cf81352da1
От: Vitaly Burovoy
Сообщение: Re: Make PG's "NOT NULL"s and attnotnull ("is_nullable") conform to SQL-2011