Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Дата
Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/29/15 10:38 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> ook
>>
>> Bruce uses the commit log to prepare the release notes, so I guess
>> he'll make mention of this.
>
> Yes, I will certainly see it.

I generally use the master branch psql for normal work, and this change
has caused massive breakage for me.  It's straightforward to fix, but in
some cases the breakage is silent, for example if you do
something=$(psql -c ...) and the .psqlrc processing causes additional
output.  I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I want to mention it,
because I fear there will be heartache.