Re: Cannot Create Objects

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Cannot Create Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/04/2016 11:42 AM, Alex Magnum wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a few problems with access permissions.
>
> When I create a new role with NOCREATEUSER and then create a database
> for that role I can connect to the DB but when trying to create a db
> object I will get the ERROR:  permission denied for schema public.
>
> Strangely though, if the role is created with CREATEUSERS I don't have
> any problems.

So what arguments do you give to createuser and what does it show when
you add -e to the command?

> Here is what I want to do:
>
>  1. Create a DBO role e.g. dbo_xxx NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER
>  2. Create a db   mydb WITH OWNER db_xxx
>  3. REVOKE all connection rights from public
>  4. GRANT only rights to dbo_xxx
>  5. GRANT all create rights on mydb TO dbo_xxx ; allowing the user to
>     load the db schema
>
> This is what I tried

Who are doing the below as?

> REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;
> CREATE USER dbo_xxx WITH PASSWORD 'mypass' NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER;
>
> CREATE DATABASE my_db WITH OWNER dbo_xxx ENCODING 'UTF8';
> REVOKE CONNECT ON DATABASE my_db FROM PUBLIC;
> GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE my_db TO dbo_xxx;
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE my_db TO dbo_xxx;

Well the above only GRANTs on the database not objects within it. For
more information see:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-grant.html

For databases that means CREATE and CONNECT

Since you already REVOKed ALL on schema public FROM PUBLIC and did not
GRANT SCHEMA privileges to dbo_xxx on schema public, I am pretty sure
that is where your problem is. To get a clearer idea of what is going on
can you show:

\l my_db

and in my_db

\dn+ public