Re: Tsvector editing functions

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Tsvector editing functions
Дата
Re: Tsvector editing functions  (Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Some notices:

1 tsin in documentation doesn't look like a good name. Changed to vector similar
to other places.

2 I did some editorization about freeing memory/forgotten names etc

3 It seems to me that tsvector_unnest() could be seriously optimized for
large tsvectors: with current coding it detoasts/decompresses tsvector value on
each call. Much better to do it once in
multi_call_memory_ctx context at first call init

4 It seems debatable returning empty array for position/weight if they are absent:
=# select * from unnest('a:1 b'::tsvector); lexeme | positions | weights
I think, it's better to return NULL in this case

5
array_to_tsvector/tsvector_setweight_by_filter/tsvector_delete_arr/tsvector_filter
doesn't check or pay attention to NULL elements in input arrays

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/