Developing and Building PostgreSQL in an IDE on Windows

От Igal @ Lucee.org
Тема Developing and Building PostgreSQL in an IDE on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,<br /><br /> Java developer here with very basic knowledge of C and C++ and therefore some noob questions, so
pleasebear with me (to further complicate things -- I am using Windows).<br /><br /> My goal is to be able run
PostgreSQLin an IDE like Eclipse CDT or Code::Blocks so that I can run it in debug mode and set breakpoints etc.<br
/><br/> I downloaded the Source Release distribution REL_9_5_0, and ran ./configure via MinGW-w64 -- the config.log
fileis available at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://gist.github.com/TwentyOneSolutions/f3ce3df3d8cc655db45d">https://gist.github.com/TwentyOneSolutions/f3ce3df3d8cc655db45d</a><br
/><br/> Now I have a .project file, which I thought to be an Eclipse project file, but opening it in Eclipse doesn't do
much. Is it, indeed, an Eclipse project file?  If not, then what (cross-platform) IDE would open it?<br /><br /> When I
importthe directory to Eclipse as Existing Project I get the directory structure in Eclipse, but trying to run "Build"
resultsin "Info: Nothing to build for postgres-REL9_5_0", and trying to Run or Debug says "The selection cannot be
launched,and there no recent launches".<br /><br /> Any ideas on how I can make progress will be greatly