Re: Some bugs in psql_complete of psql

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Some bugs in psql_complete of psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/22/15 4:44 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> 1. 0001-Fix-tab-complete-of-CREATE-INDEX.patch
>
>   Fixes completion for CREATE INDEX in ordinary way.

This part has been fixed in another thread.  Please check whether that
satisfies all your issues.

> 3. 0002-Fix-tab-completion-for-DROP-INDEX.patch
>
>   Fix of DROP INDEX completion in the type-2 way.

I agree that we could use completion support for DROP INDEX
CONCURRENTLY, but I would rather not throw IF NOT EXISTS into the same
patch.  We don't have support for IF NOT EXISTS anywhere else.  If you
think about, it's rather unnecessary, because tab completion will
determine for you whether an object exists.