Re: BUG #13852: SQL Select Slow Issues

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: BUG #13852: SQL Select Slow Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 07/01/16 09:42, eugeneymail@ymail.com wrote:

> The general and major complains I can summarize is the "SELECT" statement
> returns results too slow, as compared to the commercialized products such as
> Oracle and MS SQL Server.

A self contained example would be good, otherwise noone can really help
you much :-(

e.g common reasons why Postgres might look slower than (say) MSSQL:

- Postgres config default/untuned/mistuned
- Postgres table stats non-existent
- Postgres running on a slower/smaller machine than MSSQL
- Postgres machine on a slower network (or further away)

clearly one could go on, note all of these above mean that assuming
'Postgres is just slow' is misunderstanding the issue.

regards

Mark