Re: 9.5 Release press coverage

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 01/12/2016 08:47 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> I don't feel that it was.  And as someone who is travelling and read the
> thread all at once, what I got out of it is "let's talk about what EDB
> did wrong".  If we're going to talk about what EDB PR staff did wrong,
> let's please also talk about what they did right.  Otherwise they have
> no incentive to help us again.

As I mentioned in another thread, it is questionable about whether it is
actually a help from EDB. That said, I do understand where you are
coming from and that discussion is for another thread.

> You're right that this "let's emphasize the negative" approach is one we
> also take with other contributors.  But that's a problem, not something
> to be championed.

I am not suggesting that we be negative, it is always better to be
constructive.

> The -announce certainly should not have gone out, and that's two
> failures, one of moderation and one of submission.

Yes and I think the underlying issue that people may think is that this
is certainly not the first time EDB has made this error.

That said, as I mentioned in previous post, this thread should die. It
has long lost any usefulness.

Sincerely,

JD